We have e-books!
Please click on the Library Resource box and explore some of the amazing e-books available for students, teachers, and parents!
If you need assistance getting access to our Overdrive media collection of e-books and audiobooks, here are a few things you can do:
1. Be sure you sign up for a parent account (yes we have adult e-books - so does the public library) - ask Mrs. Howk firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Check out these Overdrive Help resources
3. Bring your device to the library and we would be happy to help you!
How to Use Overdrive
Using Our NEW Nexus e-Readers!
Reserving an E-Reader
Nexus E-Readers are available for check out.
1. You must get a permission slip signed by your parents.
2. You must sign up on the form below.
3. Come to the library and learn how to check out books on the E-Reader and save them to your tablet.
4. READ & Enjoy!
5. Return the e-reader on time - NO OVERDUES allowed. You will lose your E-Reader privelege if they are overdue.
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
All summer library books are due the week of August 25-29
Check Out Procedures
Kinder – 1 book for 1 week 2 books in the spring!
1st and 2nd grades – 1-2 books for 1 week
3rd, 4th, 5th grades – 1-3 books for 2 weeks
Playaways are audio books that 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders can check out with a signed parent permission slip. You need your own headphones. Check out is for 2 weeks.
E-books are available for checkout from home. Ask Mrs. Howk for more information. You can get up to 5 e-books at a time. You have access to both print and audio books.
If you do not finish your book in time, bring it to the library and ask to RENEW it. Most materials can be renewed one more time.
You will receive a note to remind you if your books are LONG overdue. If you do not return a book or if you damage it, you will need to pay for it.
Have Fun with This!
Have you ever played 20 Questions?
The Akinator is a web genie that can guess any character you are thinking of, just by asking you questions.
Have fun trying to stump the Akinator with your favorite book characters!
I thought I had him stumped with Captain Underpants - but he got that one too!
Electronic Sign in for Library
Canyon Ridge Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Canyon Ridge Elementary School LIbrary is to connect learners with ideas and information; preparing students for life-long learning, informed decision making, a love of reading, and the use of Information technologies.
Wendy Howk- Librarian
Lori Staffel- Library Assistant
Your Google Drive
3rd through 5th grade, click here to log in to your NEISD Google Drive:
Username: the same username you use to log in to school email@example.com
Password: ne+your student id, without any spaces
You can save your work here, and it will be available to you anywhere you have internet access.